top of page
  • Writer's pictureRory McEwan

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Be Fatal!

Updated: Jun 30, 2022

What is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Carbon Monoxide is a toxic, colourless and odourless gas that can come out of many commonly used items. You can’t see it, smell it or taste it, but it can cause people to pass out or even die.

What Causes Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Household gas heaters are one of the most commonly use items which cause carbon monoxide poisoning. This is generally due to a faulty gas heater or one which has not been regularly serviced. It can also be Incorrectly installed with no ventilation outlets in the wall and ceiling.

How do I know if I have Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning can be difficult to detect because the symptoms can be confused with fatigue, the common cold or the flu, but without the fever.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include:

  • Headaches

  • Dizziness

  • Nausea

  • Tiredness

  • Shortness of breath

  • Confusion

  • Chest pain

  • Weakness

  • Loss of memory

How to reduce your risk...

- Be aware of how to use your heater safely. Follow operating instructions on the appliance or in the manual.

- Ensure air vents in the room are clean and clear from dust and debris. Do not run your gas heater in a hallway, or room, where there is no air flow. Keep your gas heater clean and free of dust.

- Have your gas heater serviced and tested at least once every two years. You should have your gas heater checked annually if:

a) Your gas heater is over 10 years old

b) You run your heater on carpet c) You have indoor pets

RMC Plumbing Services offers servicing and commissioning to your indoor and outdoor gas heating.

Drop your gas heater off to our workshop or we can come to you.

To book your gas heater service phone us on 0412287673 or click on the button below.

Book a Plumber Now

Book a Plumber now to service your Gas Heater

139 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page